A tutorial on developing single page web applications (SPAs) with Elm.
This tutorial covers:
- Some Elm foundations
- Understanding commands and subscriptions in Elm
- Understanding the Elm architecture
- Breaking an application in sub components and resources
- Integrating CSS
- Fetching and parsing JSON
- CRUD operations
Read it online here.
You can also download offline version here (PDF, ePub, Mobi).
This tutorial is not the official guide for Elm. You can find that one at https://guide.elm-lang.org/. Please also note that currently this tutorial makes some difference choices in structuring an application that the official guide.
Code for the example application built in the second part of this tutorial can be found at https://github.com/sporto/elm-tutorial-app.
For this tutorial you will need:
- Elm version 0.18 (Installation is covered later in the tutorial)
- Node JS version 5.1 +
- Yarn package manager https://yarnpkg.com/en/
Please open issues and send PRs at https://github.com/sporto/elm-tutorial.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
© Sebastian Porto 2016